About The Position
The Design Manager oversees design, sales, and the showroom of Sunnyfields. The Design Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the business including personnel, operating systems, and profit & loss. The Design Manager will work with executive management in focuses of business development, organizational structure, marketing, and the function of Sunnyfields within the business portfolio.
This position has four primary focuses as listed below.
- The Design Manager will lead and direct the design team providing direction, insight, and training with the ultimate goal of developing a premier team of architectural, interior, and cabinetry designers.
- The Design Manager will render the team, methods, tools, and techniques best suited for a primary business focus of sophisticated residential projects in the high-end marketplace including, but not necessarily limited to kitchens & baths, interior architecture and interior design, cabinetry design, and home decorating.
- The Design Manager will, as needed, recruit to expand the current team with both full-time and part-time designers and will be responsible for maintaining the most effective personnel and employment formats for the business needs.
- The Design Manager and team will work with consumers, contractors, and other design professionals using a consistent application of distinctive creative thinking, excellence in formal presentation, and an adaptable stylistic approach to diverse project demands.
- The Design Manager will be responsible for creating and securing design contracts as well as overseeing open design agreements.
- The Design Manager will work closely with client’s contractors to ensure fluent and responsive interaction within the design process.
- The Design Manager will perform design work personally when appropriate for the needs of the business.
- The Design Manager will oversee the entire design sales process including estimating, contracting, and contract scope performance.
- The Design Manager will review and approve all design and sales agreements produced by the Sunnyfields team.
- The Design Manager will direct a sales process successful in maximizing the probability of:
- Design services sales
- Cabinetry & millwork sales
- Retail inventory sales
- The Design Manager will develop and manage the team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets.
- The Design Manager will maintain Salesforce to include all sales opportunities and report to the executive management team on a regular basis.
- The Design Manager is responsible for maintaining a profitable business and will work with the executive management team to utilize and maintain reporting and tracking tools including Salesforce.
- The Design Manager will utilize reports including Budget Analysis, Job Labor Hours, Sales, & Production reports to evaluate for maximum financial performance:
- Individual project performance
- Projects by period
- Designer performance
- The Design Manager will approve general expenses and timesheet allocations for the business.
- The Design Manager will approve all commissions to be paid to verify qualification and performance of responsibilities.
- The Design Manager will oversee the Sunnyfields showroom to assure the maximum effectiveness of this critical marketing element.
- The Design Manager will promote the objectives of achieving and maintaining Sunnyfields as the area’s premier cabinetry and design center.
- The Design Manager will oversee the showroom team and provide continuous creative input necessary to assure a truly distinctive showroom experience. Retail sales will be managed apart and separate from the cabinetry & millwork showroom experience.
- The Design Manager is expected to set the pace for the design team, maintaining an active, productive, and busy schedule. Normal hours of business operation are 8:00am – 5:00pm, however actual hours, times of day, and days of the week vary depending on appointment schedules and project demands. The Design Manager is expected to maintain a schedule conducive to the spirit of the business.
- The Design Manager represents the company in a front-line position and is expected to maintain a professional appearance and disposition.
- The Design Manager is expected to be precise in the presentation of all company materials including design materials, written documents, and verbal communication.
- The Design Manager must protect confidential and proprietary company information including but not limited to management systems and techniques, sales efforts, and marketing strategy and compensation information.
This is an in-office position. The Design Manager should primarily expect to be working in Washington D.C. but may also work from our Baltimore office.
Life At Sunnyfields
- Talented, experienced, client-centered designers are at the heart of Sunnyfields’ ability to meet our clients’ needs for spectacular design solutions for the kitchen, bath, and every area of the home.
- Every employee, just like every project, is unique and brings different skills to the table. By joining the Sunnyfields team, you will be part of our extended family.
- We work with passion and with skill to ensure that every project exceeded client expectations; we work to turn every client's dream into a reality!
- If you share this same passion and excitement, we'd love to hear from you!